Polword Ltd was founded in 2000 by Edyta Nowosielska, a teacher with passion. It started in a small room on Regent Street and from then it has grown dynamically from acorn to oak. Since 2004 it has been located on Great Titchfield Street, close to Oxford Circus, in the very heart of London. It has been a home to over 7000 people who can now speak Polish thanks to Polword.
A founder of Polword:
Edyta Nowosielska has founded Polword Ltd. for pure passion for teaching the Polish language and its culture. Edyta is also a lector of Polish at the University of Cambridge.
What else… Ah, well, Edyta also:
- has been a lector of Polish at UCL SESS, PON (The Jagiellonian University Polish Research Centre in London) and Polish Saturday School in London Wimbledon
- is a co-author of “PO POLSKU NA WYSPACH. A Guide for Parents of Bilingual Children”, 2015
- is a co-author of “Dwujęzyczni i dwukulturowi. Bilingual and Bicultural Speaking Polish in North America”
- is a co-author of a series of easy readers in Polish in e-book form
- does a PhD research and herinterests are in language teaching methodology, particularly exploring new ways of teaching Polish as a foreign language
Polword Ltd. is:
- the only accredited centre in the UK for Polish State Certificate Exams. If you think of working in Poland or trying to get a Polish citizenship or just for a pure pleasure, our school is the place to take them
- a registered training organisation at the Skills Funding Agency
How long our students stay at Polword?
Our average student learns at Polword for about 2 – 4 years depends on their objectives, motivation and system of learning. Our “oldest” student so far, has been with Polword for over 8 years (yes, Ryan, we mean you) and he took the break only to look after his firs born. Congratulations again! We also incrust love to Polish and Polword into students – they come back after breaks, even after 11 years, like Mike, who learned Polish at the beginner course in 2001 but came back in 2012 with a new aim to continiue studying for his own pleasure.
Why us: It's simple. It's the friendlest and most professional place where you can learn Polish. We have:
- Professional, friendly and experienced teachers
- Small groups with up to 8 students
- Competitive prices
- New courses starting every month
- Complimentary trial lesson
- Catch-up lessons at a special price
- Central London location (5min from Oxford Circus Station)
- Many interesting cultural events complimenting language experience