FREE two-wek Polish INTENSIVE COURSE
Invitation to Participate in Final Edition of "Learning Polish and the Callan Method" PhD Research
We cordially invite you to participate in the final edition of our PhD research project, "Learning Polish and the Callan Method". This study entails two Free Polish Beginner Courses including one experimental and one control group, beginning in June.
Your involvement will offer us invaluable data for our research, while simultaneously providing you with a useful skill - the ability to speak Polish.
The course will be conducted by Edyta Nowosielska, the director of Polword and a lecturer in Polish at the University of Cambridge. This research employs a direct approach to language learning.
Please note that this course forms an integral part of our PhD research. We can only accommodate a maximum of 10 students per group due to the intensive nature of the study.
Details of the course are as follows:
- Duration: 10 weekdays (1 hour and 50 minutes each day)
- Commencement: 4th of September
- Group A - 5 - 6.50 pm
- Group B - 7 - 8.50 pm
- Cost: Free
- Course will be held in PUNO (Polish University Abroad) in Hammerstmith - London
- No previous knowledge of the Polish language. If you have attended any Polish courses or individual tuition, you will not qualify for this course.
- 100% attendance is required.
- Completion of Pre-Course and After-Course questionnaires.
- Attendance at the course evaluation, consisting of a short oral test in Polish and a brief discussion about the course.
- A fully refundable deposit of £130, which will be returned immediately after the course, given that the student has a 100% attendance record. This is to ensure the success of the research.
This research aims to enrich our understanding of the effectiveness of the Callan Method in teaching Polish. Previous iterations of this experimental course have yielded promising results, and we are hopeful for another successful run.
We look forward to your participation
The course will be held at PUNO - Polish University Abroad
POSK, 3rd Floor,
238-246 King Street
London W6 0RF,
New Course Dates
- our Pollan course is designed for complete beginners
- as a part of the experiment, the course is offered for free
- consists of 20 hrs of the course (1 hr = 50mins)
- intensive - 1hr and 50mins a day
- limited places - no more than 10 students
- after the course, students will be asked to take a short exam to check the results of a method